- This class has already taken place. Head over to our live class page to see all of our upcoming classes.
Running Your Appraisal Business | Morehead City | March 15 2019
March 15, 2019 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$155
In this changing world of appraisal regulation, how do we keep up with things while still focusing daily on tackling our appraisal assignments?
This class, of course.
This class “Running Your Appraisal Business” originated from comments at an Appraisal Board Meeting and the expressed need for coverage of this material.
- “I liked hearing about current events and getting a clearer picture of E and O insurance.”
- “Good class. So many are independent and don’t know how to run like a business.”
- “Best part is real life stories that relate to the topics discussed.”
- “Running Your Appraisal Business provided a good overview of current topics in the appraisal industry and addressed items to consider when running your business.”
- “Super class, as always, informative in both instruction and co-student interaction.
- “Mel does a great job of covering prepared material, rolling with the questions from the class, and keep us on track.”
- “The insurance segment was important and informative.”
- “Mel keeps it fun, informative and great interaction between Mel and the class. Enjoyed it!!”
- “It opened my eyes more regarding extraordinary assumptions and hypothetical conditions to allow for more work assignments.”
- “Very informative and interesting. Instructor has an interesting and fresh approach to presenting the material, ie. humor, wit, and with bringing about class participation.”
- “Great subject matter, helpful in understanding the relation between USPAP, Licensing and practical aspects of the business. Like the chart!!”
- “The class provided helpful ideas for running my business and avoiding liability.”
Topics covered include
- Hybrid, bifurcated, and desktop appraisals and evaluations
- Client engagement Letters and Withdrawal Letters
- Independent contractor agreements and employment agreements
- Scope of Work and use of hypothetical conditions and extraordinary assumptions.
- Reporting requirement of USPAP’s Standard 2,
- Changes in certification experience and education requirements
- Errors and omissions insurance
- Entity Formation
- Federal authorized tasks
- Statistics about appraisers
- National Registry of Appraisers and AMCs.
- And more…
Want to learn more about this class? In the video below instructor Mel Black shares some information and background on “Running Your Appraisal Business” with us.
Approved for 7 Hours of CE credit with the North Carolina Appraisal Board.
Approved for 4 Hours of CE elective credit with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
North Carolina Appraisal Board class approval number for “Running Your Appraisal Business”: #4253
North Carolina Appraisal Board sponsor code for BrightPath Education Services: #136