Running Your Appraisal Business | Distance-Learning | January 27 2021 | Instructor Mel Black
January 27 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST$155
In this changing world of appraisal regulation, how do we keep up with things while still focusing daily on tackling our appraisal assignments?
This class, of course.
This class “Running Your Appraisal Business” originated from comments at an Appraisal Board Meeting and the expressed need for coverage of this material.
This synchronous distance-learning course will be delivered via a Zoom video conference. In order to attend class, you’ll need to have an internet connection, a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device with a built-in speaker/microphone or headset/earbuds with microphone, and a webcam. Learn more about downloading Zoom and devices that work with Zoom by following this link.
A link to join the synchronous distance-learning class along with additional instructions will be emailed out before the start of class.
A photo ID will be required to attend class. Attendance will be taken throughout the course to ensure that students are present for the duration of class.
Please plan to have the following items available during class:
(1) 2020-21 USPAP Book
(2) Copy of your E and O Policy
All other course materials will be provided to all enrolled students digitally before the start of class.
- “I liked hearing about current events and getting a clearer picture of E and O insurance.”
- “Good class. So many are independent and don’t know how to run like a business.”
- “Best part is real life stories that relate to the topics discussed.”
- “Running Your Appraisal Business provided a good overview of current topics in the appraisal industry and addressed items to consider when running your business.”
- “Super class, as always, informative in both instruction and co-student interaction.
- “Mel does a great job of covering prepared material, rolling with the questions from the class, and keep us on track.”
- “The insurance segment was important and informative.”
- “Mel keeps it fun, informative and great interaction between Mel and the class. Enjoyed it!!”
- “It opened my eyes more regarding extraordinary assumptions and hypothetical conditions to allow for more work assignments.”
- “Very informative and interesting. Instructor has an interesting and fresh approach to presenting the material, ie. humor, wit, and with bringing about class participation.”
- “Great subject matter, helpful in understanding the relation between USPAP, Licensing and practical aspects of the business. Like the chart!!”
- “The class provided helpful ideas for running my business and avoiding liability.”
- Finding a supervisor and getting started in the appraisal business
- Gaining experience with Virtual Reality
- Zoom Breakout Networking Session
- COVID-19 impact on appraising
- Hybrid and desktop appraisals
- Client Engagement Letters and Withdrawal Letters
- Independent contractor agreements and employment agreements
- Errors and omissions insurance
- Entity Formation
- Federal authorized tasks
- Statistics about appraisers
- National Registry of Appraisers and AMCs.
- And more…
Want to learn more about this class? In the video below instructor Mel Black shares some information and background on “Running Your Appraisal Business” with us.
Approved for 7 Hours of CE credit by the North Carolina Appraisal Board.
Approved for 4 Hours of CE elective credit by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
NCAB Course # 4253
NCREC Synchronous Distance-Learning Course # 3814