- This class has already taken place. Head over to our live class page to see all of our upcoming classes.
Case Law 7 | Shallotte | February 21 2019
February 21, 2019 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST$155
This class is the latest version of our most popular course case law, but with an improved format. This class is updated for the current Appraisal Board cycle of 2017-2019 so if you took one of our other case law classes, don’t worry – you will receive credit for this class.
Comments from previous Case Law 7 students:
- “Commercial examples were excellent – restaurant, retail store, narrative reporting, etc. Like the expert witness and HBU discussions.”
- “Always a great time reviewing knowledge and staying up to date on current cases.”
- “Mel does a great job – Easy to understand and seeks class input.”
- “Mel keeps abreast of current legal issues impacting the appraisal profession.”
Some of the topics you’ll cover in class include:
- Narrative report writing options
- “The value is right!” vs “USPAP Violations”
- Restaurant Appraisal
- Highest and best use
- Data verification
- Market rent support
- Adjustments support
- Income capitalization
- Expert Testimony
- AMC licensure
- Appraiser sued by the borrower and their defense
- Family Dollar Sites
- Impact of zoning on HBU
- As Is value
- AMCs using out-of-state reviewers
- BPOs used in litigation
- And we will gossip about appraisers involved in criminal activity
Come join us for what proves to be a fun informative way to get your CE credit.
Approved for 7 Hours of continuing education credit with the North Carolina Appraisal Board.
North Carolina Appraisal Board class approval number for “Case Law 7”: #4185
North Carolina Appraisal Board sponsor code for BrightPath Education Services: #136