- This class has already taken place. Head over to our live class page to see all of our upcoming classes.
SOLD OUT | 2020-2021 7-Hour USPAP Update | Distance-Learning | May 14 2020
May 14, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT$144
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NC Appraisal Board is allowing remote or distance-learning for continuing education courses through September 30, 2020.
- 7-hr USPAP Update from home? YES!
- Over my computer? YES!
- With Mel teaching live by video? YES!
This distance-learning course will be delivered via a Zoom video conference. In order to attend class, you’ll need to have an internet connection, a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device with a built-in speaker/microphone or headset/earbuds with microphone, and a webcam. Learn more about downloading Zoom and devices that work with Zoom by following this link for a helpful guide.
A direct link to join the remote, distance-learning class along with additional instructions will be emailed out before the start of class.
- “Liked taking the class in Zoom. Class was informative and needed.”
- “The format of Zoom makes the class more enjoyable.”
- “Enjoyed the class. Time went by faster than a live classroom class. Thanks!”
- “Much more relevant than the online one I took last year with a different company.”
A photo ID will be required to attend class. In addition, attendance will be taken throughout the class to ensure that students are present for the duration of class.
The 7-Hour National USPAP Update course requires two books: (1) 2020-21 National USPAP Book (“Book”) and (2) 7-Hour National USPAP Update Course Student Manual (“Manual”). The distance-learning course price does not include a copy of the Book OR the Manual. Students are responsible for purchasing their individual copies of the Book and the Manual directly from The Appraisal Foundation. Please visit the website of The Appraisal Foundation to purchase a copy of the 7-Hour National USPAP Update course materials well before the start of class. BOTH the Book and the Manual are required by The Appraisal Foundation to receive course credit.
More about the 7-Hour USPAP Update Course:
- Much easier to complete than traditional online USPAP
- No tests, no exams
- Modeled after a regular live classroom experience
- Watch and listen or join in on the discussion, your choice
- Meet your May 31, 2020 deadline
- COVID-19 Guidance added to Scope of Work and/or AO-2 Coverage
This required one-day update course focuses on changes to USPAP requirements effective January 1, 2020 for ethical behavior and competent performance by appraisers. The course also clarifies several commonly misunderstood aspects of USPAP and aids appraisers in all areas of the appraisal practice.
All North Carolina appraisers must successfully complete the 2020-2021 7-Hour USPAP Update course by May 31, 2020 to renew in 2020.
Approved for 7 Hours of CE credit by the North Carolina Appraisal Board.
Approved for 4 Hours of CE elective credit by the North Carolina Real Estate Commission.
NCAB Course # 9020
NCREC Synchronous Distance-Learning Course # 3856